What’s New in MDS 2.2
New Features Added
- URL for macOS Installer or ASR Disk Image: A URL can be specified for the macOS source so those items can easily be changed without updating a saved MDS disk image.
- Display Computer Names: The main MDM view now shows the computer name for enrolled MDM computers
- New Commands: Install Application, Block, Unblock, Remove Profile, Erase Device. Commands can be applied to individual machine or multiple machines at once.
- Device and associated data can be deleted from MDM server.
- Reordering of resources: Packages, scripts, and profiles can now be re-ordered in the workflow
- Prevent Sleep: When packages are being installed as first boot, the Mac is prevented from sleeping to enable packages to successfully install.
- Automatic Download of Online Resources: When a new version of Imagr is required and resources are saved, Imagr is automatically downloaded and then the saving of the resources continues without user interaction. A cancel button was also added to the Downloading Resources sheet.
- MDS workflow name passed to scripts: The variable mds_workflowname is now passed to scripts that contains the name of the selected workflow.
- Improved Imagr UI: Imagr now shows the install.log and has menus for copy, pasting, and closing windows.
- Automaton Improvements: Added option for automaton to default to english
- New Resources: Added sample packages including CustomInitialDesktopBackground
- Select Folder Dialog Box: When the button is pressed to select Packages, Scripts, or Profiles, the current folder is shown instead of the last opened location.
- Customize Run Command: A new preference section was added for specifying a customized Run command. If a run command is specified, it will be copied to the resources instead of the stock run script.
- fixed #425 : Running out of disk space when creating dmg
- fixed #413: Pre-OS packages folder isnt cleared when removing only.
- fixed issue #410: Revive packages from the Disabled/ directory instead of re-copying
- fixed issue #409 : Writing to source folder may create unexpected behavior for user
- fixed issue #398: Combine Check for Network and Connect to Wifi
- fixed issue #439 : 2.1 not showing loginlog
- completed issue #397:MDM Profile UI is rendered below dock on small screens
- fixed issue # 328: Click on Name or Active column to sort workflows by order
- made local webserver listen on 127.0.0.1 only.
- fixed turning on ssh
- resolved issue Issue #347 : Custom Imagr pref location set as key
serverurlnot respected when saving to disk image or volume
- bumped version for Imagr fix of 2 issues: Issue #418 Access mds_var variables from script that run during workflow and #438 Progress bar on osinstall not working (thanks to Christopher Bradsher!)
- added touching AppleSetupDone when no os is install as part of workflow