Release Date: Friday, April 19, 2013
Naperville, Illinois - Twocanoes Software has announced the release of Boot Runner 1.4. New in Boot Runner 1.4 are additional editing options for popover text, a restart countdown display and menu bar system restart without requiring authentication. Boot Runner provides complete start up management and control for dual-boot Macs, including a custom boot screen and menu bar boot selector. Boot Runner requires OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), OS X 10.7 (Lion) or OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
Twocanoes offers a support package that includes two years of technical support and maintenance, including access to priority technical support and all minor and major upgrades.
Boot Runner 1.4 Feature Highlights:
* Startup control for dual-boot Macs
* Maintenance scheduling controls
* Edit popover text directly in Boot Runner preference pane
* Store popover text data in preference file for easier policy-based deployment
* Select restart from desktop without account authentication
* Restart countdown displays in selection screen
* Custom selection screen
* Manage startup with network policies
* Integrate with existing client management tools
* Language support for Japanese, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese and Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)
* Disk information in menu bar
* Show or hide startup volumes
* Remotely select and start up into Mac or Windows
* Show unmounted startup disks
* Customize background, volume names and descriptions
* Collect analytics on startup events
"We are pleased to offer great new features requested by our Boot Runner customers," said Twocanoes Software's Timothy Perfitt. "Startup control over dual-boot Macs has never been easier."
Based in Naperville, Illinois, Twocanoes Software was founded in 2012. Focusing on iPhone, iPad and Mac, Twocanoes provides best-in-class software to handle complex tasks with minimal effort. Copyright (C) 2012-2013 Twocanoes Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.