Bluetooth Reader Light Indicators
Smart Card Utility Bluetooth Readers uses LEDs to determine what is happening with your reader. See the information below for the different status indicated with the different lights.
- Blue Flashing Light: Reader is on but not connected.
- Blue Solid Light: Reader is on and connected to Smart Card Utility App.
Green LED should always be showing when the Blue LED is also on.
- Green Solid Light: CAC is inserted but is not currently being read from.
- Green Flashing Light: CAC is inserted and being read by the Reader.
Right Orange LED
- This LED is located on the far right of the bottom of the device.
- It is the LED furthest from the center.
- The LED is a lighter Orange then the final LED.
Far Right Orange LED will never be shown alone*
- When device is off and plugged in to a charger, the Blue and Orange LEDs will come on.
When the device is currently on and being used:
- Orange Flashing Light: Readers battery is low and needs to be charged.
- Orange Solid Light: Reader is charging while in use.
Left Orange LED
- This LED is the closest to the center of the bottom of the device.
- The color of this LED is a darker orange than the LED on the furthest right.
If this LED is showing, the device is non-functional due to the following conditions:
- Either the Reader’s battery is completely dead and needs to be charged for a while before using.
- Or the Reader is having hardware issues.