Package Restore Stalls
Is your package set to create a boot camp partition? If so,please verify:
- A current partition does not exist on thedestination machine
- The destination partition is at least 4-5GB larger than the original sourcepartition
On the destination machine, open Disk Utility. Select your computer’s HDD and attempt to add a new partition using the ’+’ sign. View themaximum size your Mac will allow you to create a newpartition. If your package is creating apartition larger than that size, you will need to adjust the package to create a smaller sized partition.
For example, if your Mac only has space to create a new 150 GB partition, set the package to create a 145 GB partition.
If a current partition exists on the system, you will need to remove thepartition before proceeding
Sending Log File to Support
For help troubleshooting your package, please send us the /var/log/install.log to firstname.lastname@example.org
To locate the /var/log/install.log:
- Open your Mac’s Console
- Locate var/log on the left hand side
- Location install.log
- From the application menu, select File -> Save As
- Save the install.log to your desktop
- Attach to support email