Release Date: Thursday, July 30, 2015
Naperville, Illinois - Twocanoes Software has announced the release of Boot Runner 2.2 with support for the Windows 10 operating system. Boot Runner is the premier OS startup control manager for Macs to control boot state for native and virtual operating systems running on Mac computers.
Boot Runner 2.2 offers a customizable startup screen and remote boot control, ensuring Windows or other operating systems are available to receive critical security updates at the right time. Boot Runner 2.2 includes customization options to make the startup selection screen easy for users to choose the OS environment that they need. Boot Runner 2.2 is a free update for all current Boot Runner 2 customers.
Boot Runner is an essential boot management solution for dual-boot Macs that delivers unmatched user and administrator control of system startup for a single Mac, a lab or a fleet of managed Macs. Now administrators can manage a wider range of environments using virtual machines as startup disks with a choice of hosts, including Parallels, VMWare Fusion and VirtualBox, to deliver the most versatility possible to Mac users and administrators.
A deep set of control options are available to administrators for remote startup of groups of machines for specific uses or to perform maintenance. Boot Runner scheduling enables administrators to ensure the availability of Windows or other operating systems during scheduled maintenance windows. Mass deployment of Boot Runner managed preferences or configuration profiles takes effect immediately, giving full remote and automated control of Mac boot behavior and state for all of the Macs under management.
The Boot Runner selection screen guides users to choose their system among the available startup disks. This selection screen is created by the administrator who uses Boot Runner to customize startup selections for their school or business with text and graphics. Boot Runner 2.2 includes the following features:
* Support for Boot Camp partitions including Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7
* Support for virtual machines as startup disks (Parallels, VMWare Fusion or VirtualBox)
* Support for Chrome OS and Linux-based operating systems
* Schedule startup into specific OS for scheduled maintenance or group usage
* Remote management of boot selection
* Remote management of selection screen
* Display or hide restart button
* Display or hide shutdown button
Selection and Login:
* Menu bar boot selector
* Custom login options
* Auto-login to OS X account
* Auto-launch of virtual machine host
* Auto-logout and return to Boot Runner selection screen
* Control virtual machine shutdown and logout
* Custom boot volume icons
* New screen customization options
* Customize selection screen popover text
* Customize marquee text formatting
Boot Runner 2.2 System Requirements:
* Mac OS X 10.8 or higher including Yosemite 10.10
A Boot Camp partition and/or virtual machine operating system with a supported installed OS such as Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Chrome OS and Linux
Boot Runner 2.2 is available now at the Twocanoes online store. Volume & Educational pricing is available for any number of Macs. Boot Runner 2.2 Lab and Site Licenses now include the first year of premium support and maintenance for free.